We collect information for the following purposes:
- Website and system administration
- Research and development
- Tailoring the website for visitors
- Building records of visitors without linking identifying information to the records for the purpose of research, analysis and reporting.
- Building records of visitors without linking identifying information to the records for the purpose of determining visitor habits, interests or characteristics in order to make decisions that may directly affect the visitor.
- Obtaining opt-in from visitors to receive communications in the form of a regular digest or a voting reminder by email.
If I provide any contact or other personal details what should I expect?
We will only use your contact details to make contact with you in the manner outlined at the time you supplied them. We will not share or sell your contact details with any third parties, unless explicitly stated at the time of collection.
How can I unsubscribe / remove my details?
You can use the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any emails we send you, or alternatively you can Contact Us.
Who has access to the information that is collected?
Access to the information that is collected is strictly controlled and third-party access to the information collected is not permitted.
What can you tell me about Cookies and their use on PoliceElections.com?
This website uses Google Analytics to help us estimate the number of visitors to the site and to provide us with a better understanding of how visitors use the site. We ask for user consent to set this cookie in your browser.
How can I manage Cookies?
The cookies we use will be sent to your browser and then stored in the cookies folder on your computer. To find out how to reject, delete or update your cookie preferences in your browser you need to know what browser you use and what version of it you have. Most browsers have guidelines on how to adjust cookie settings, use the ‘Help’ menu in your browser software to find out this information.
You can learn more about managing cookies at AboutCookies.org